Adding your MediaCore site to Moodle gives students and staff the ability to single-sign-on to their MediaCore accounts with one click from Moodle. If MediaCore is embedded into a course then students logged into that course will only be presented with content and collections that are shared with them.
Embedding your MediaCore site into Moodle
1) Start by navigate to "Settings" > "Site Administration" > Plugins > Plugin overview
2) From here, select "Settings" next to "LTI".
3) Click "Add External Tool Configuration" and fill in the "Tool Name", "Tool Base URL" (https://yoursite.mediacore.tv), Consumer Key and Shared Secret. The Consumer Key and Shared secret are created on the "Authentication" page of your MediaCore site. Click here for details on how to create an LTI consumer in your MediaCore account.
Note: Make sure that you check off the box next to: "Show tool type when creating tool instances".
4) Return to your Moodle home page, select the course you'd like to add your MediaCore site embed to and click on "Turn editing on".
5) Next, click on "Add an activity or resource" and select "External Tool".
6) Fill in the "Activity Name" - This will be converted into an embedded link in your course that when clicked will direct users to your MediaCore site home page.
7) Select the "External Tool Type" you created in step 3 and fill in the "Launch URL" field with your MediaCore site URL (https://yoursite.mediacore.tv). Make sure that you add the / at the end of your site URL or else this won't work.
8) Click "Save and return to course".
NOTE: the display may vary depending on the version of Moodle you are currently running. Below is an example in Moodle 2.4.3.
9) The embedded link to your MediaCore site will now be available on your Moodle course page.
10) When users click on the link they will be presented with your MediaCore site displaying all of the media and collections that are shared with their LTI user.