- Enabling MediaCore's EduApp in Canvas
- Embedding videos into your Canvas Pages
- Accessing your MediaCore site from within Canvas
- Adding videos or entire collections to your Canvas modules
The MediaCore Chooser allows you to embed your MediaCore videos, MS documents, images, PDFs and audio files into Canvas with the click of a button.
Installing MediaCore's Edu App in Canvas will also bring the entire MediaCore experience to Canvas inside an LTI iFrame. Once the plugin's installed a MediaCore button will appear in your Canvas sidebar for easy access.
1) Start by creating a LTI consumer in your MediaCore account. Follow these instructions to perform this task. While creating your LTI consumer keep in mind what content you'd like to share with your LTI users.
2) Next, sign into Canvas.
3) You can either add MediaCore to one of your courses or you can add it globally so that all of your courses under a "Managed Account" will automatically gain access as well.
- To add MediaCore globally to your Canvas site click on the "Courses" tab and select your account under "Managed Accounts".
- Alternatively, to add MediaCore to one of your courses at a time select the "Courses" tab and choose the course you would like to add MediaCore to.
**The instructions below are the same regardless of which option you chose in number 3**
4) Click on "Settings" in the left navigation bar.
5) Click on the "Apps" tab in the top navigation bar, search for MediaCore and select it.
6) Click on "Add App".
7) Name your app, enter your Consumer Key and Shared Secret you created in MediaCore and enter your MediaCore site URL. In the "please enter the path to default page field" add either a / if you want the "Media Library" tab to open your MediaCore home page by default and enter /library if you want your MediaCore library page to open by default.
*NOTE: If you are adding multiple MediaCore instances to individual courses make sure that you follow the directions above for each new MediaCore app you add. Clicking "Add New App" and copying the details over will not work.
In the example below the MediaCore Library page will open by default.
If you edit the app at any time make sure that you keep the privacy settings set to "Public". This will ensure that your users names and email addresses are sent through to MediaCore when your users open the MediaCore Chooser.
1) Open a course and click on the one of the tabs from the list above and create a new page or event.
2) Click on the MediaCore icon in the Tiny MCE editor to bring up the MediaCore Chooser.
3) Click "Add" next to the video you'd like to embed onto your course page. Alternatively, if you'd like to Upload a video then click on the upload button on the left side of the Chooser. You can also edit an existing video or publish a draft from the Chooser - learn more.
4) The video will be embedded into your text editor as a yellow box as shown bellow.
5) Click "Save" once you're happy with the content, and your video or media will be displayed in the section you embedded it into.
1) Adding MediaCore's EduApp tool to Canvas (as described above) will automatically create a MediaCore tab in your left sidebar. Clicking on this "Media Library" tab will bring up your MediaCore site embedded into Canvas.
2) Students and staff will be able to see all of the course collections they have access to in Canvas plus any additional content you may have given them access to in your admin panel.
Your MediaCore site will either open to the Library or the Home page by default depending on what you entered in the "please enter the path to default page" text bar when you added the MediaCore App to Canvas. As described above if you entered / in this text box it will open to the Home page by default and if you entered /library it will open to the library page by default.
1) Click on "Modules" in the left navigation bar and click on "Create a Module". Add a "Module Name" and click "Add Module".
2) Click on the cog icon and select "+ Add Content".
3) Select "External Tool" in the dropdown menu and click on the "MediaCore" External Tool you added in the previous step. Clicking MediaCore will bring up the Chooser.
4) Click "Add" next to the video you'd like to add to your Module. In the pop-up window, click "Add Item" and the link to your video will appear on the Modules page.
5) Alternatively, you can embed an entire collection as an external tool. Instead of clicking on the "MediaCore" external tool as you did in step 3 simply enter the collection embed URL from your MediaCore site into the URL field, add a "Page Name" and click on "Add Item". For more information on embedding collection into your LMS check out our support article.