The MediaCore Chooser allows you to embed your MediaCore videos, MS documents, images, PDFs and audio files into Canvas with the click of a button.
Installing MediaCore's Edu App in Canvas will also bring the entire MediaCore experience to Canvas inside an LTI iFrame. Once the plugin's installed a MediaCore button will appear in your Canvas sidebar for easy access.
Check out our support video and instructions below to learn all about uploading video to Canvas.
1) Start by creating a Consumer Key and Shared Secret in your MediaCore account. Follow these instructions to perform this task.
2) Next, sign into Canvas and select a Course you would like to add videos to.
3) Click on "Settings" in the left navigation bar.
4) Click on the "Apps" tab, search for MediaCore and select it.
5) Click on "Add Tool".
6) Enter your LTI credentials and your site URL and click Submit.
Embedding videos into your Canvas Pages
1) Click on the "Pages" tab in the left navigation bar.
2) Select the "Create a New Page" button OR the "Edit this Page" button on the right hand side of the page.
3) Click on the MediaCore icon in the Tiny MCE editor to bring up the MediaCore Chooser.
4) Click "Add" next to the video you'd like to embed onto your course page. Alternatively, if you'd like to Upload a video then click on the upload button on the left side of the Chooser.
5) The video will be embedded onto your course page as a yellow box as shown bellow.
6) Click "Save Changes" once you're happy with the content, and you're video will be displayed in the Pages section.
7) Next, click on "MediaCore" in the left navigation bar if you want to view your MediaCore site embedded into Canvas.
Turning individual media assets into Canvas Modules
1) Click on "Modules" in the left navigation bar > Select the settings icon and click on "+ Add Content".
2) Select "External Tool" in the dropdown menu and click on the "MediaCore" External Tool you added in the previous step. Clicking MediaCore will bring up the Chooser.
3) Click "Add" next to the video you'd like to add to your Module. In the pop-up window, click "Add Item" and the link to your video will appear on the Modules page.