To find out how to organize and control access to your media with collections read through our step-by-step instructions below.
1) To organize your Media, start by logging into your Admin Panel.
2) The all-in-one view of Collection means that all you need to do is click on the Collection to see what Media is in the Collection and who the Collection is being shared with. You can add or remove Users, Groups and Media from this screen as well.
3) To create a new Collection, select your top level Collection right below the "Collections" heading and click on the "+" in the bottom left corner of the screen.
4) From here, enter a title, description and upload an image. To learn more about customizing your collection
5) You can now begin adding Media to your collection by either dragging videos over from other collections or by clicking on the "Upload" button at the top of your screen. For information on uploading Media to your site click here.
6) Collections can be nested by dragging a collection and dropping it onto another collection. When collections are nested users and roles are inherited from the parent.
7) Sub-Collections can be created to allow different users and roles for a collection at any level of the hierarchy. To create a sub-collection, click on an existing collection and click "+" at the bottom of the page.
8) To assign different users and roles to the sub-collection click "Edit" in the far right column and remove the checkmark from the checkbox that reads: "Automatically include members from Biology Students (the parent Collection)". If you check off this box the sub-collection will automatically inherit all the users and roles from the parent collection. Now, you can add Users, groups and roles to your sub-collection. For more information on adding users and groups to your collections click here.
9) If you would like your sub-collection to become a parent collection simply drag the sub-collection and drop it onto the top level collection.
10) To remove media from a collection simply drag and drop it into another collection, or delete it entirely by clicking "Edit" next to the video's title and clicking delete at the bottom of the page. To delete a collection, start by removing all of the media from within that collection. Next, highlight the collection and click on the "-" at the bottom of the page.