Giving Students Access to Upload into Their own Personal "My Media" Bucket
1. Log into MediaCore > click on the "cog" in the top navigation bar.
2. Navigate to the "Settings" page and click on "My Media" in the left navigation bar.
3. From here, you can add "Registered Users" to the "My Media Permission" page to give all of your users access to their own '"My Media" bucket. Alternatively, you can just add your LTI Moodle learner group to this page. This group will appear as "LTI - your LTI consumer - Learner".
4. Give them the "Only Mine" role and click "Share".
Giving Students the Ability to Create Trusted Embeds in the Chooser
Make sure their role has the appropriate “Media Sharing” setting enabled.
1. Click on the cog in the top navigation bar and select “Settings”.
2. Click on "Roles" and select “Edit” next to the Role assigned to your students on the "My Media Permission" page (Only Mine).
3. Make sure that “With all authenticated users” and "Publish their own media" are checked off among the other permissions already assigned to the "Only Mine" role.
How a Student Submits a Media Assignment
1. The student will need to log into Moodle and navigate to their course page and click on the assignment you created in the appropriate module.
2. Next, the student will need to click on the "Add submission" button.
3. From here, they can enter a description and click on the MediaCore logo in the rich text editor to upload their video submission.
4. Next, they'll need to click on the "Upload" tab > select "Choose file" and select a video from their computer.
5. From here, make sure that "Collection: My Media" is selected in the dropdown menu.
Note: If the student is submitting a previously created video they'll need to click on the "Library" tab, ensure they're video is stored in their "My Media" bucket and click "Add" next to the video. If the video's not stored in "My Media" they'll need to click "Edit" next to the media item and select "My Media" from the collection dropdown and save changes.
6. Once the video is finished uploading the student will need to click on "Publish Now" and the video will appear in the rich text editor. From here, they can add some text, or some comments for the instructor if desired.
7. From here, they'll click "Save Changes" and that assignment will be submitted for the instructor to review.
8. Students will be able to go back and edit their media item until the submission closes by selecting the assignment, clicking on "Edit my Submission" and clicking "Save changes" once they're done. If they need to update the video and re-upload it they can do that by clicking on the MediaCore icon to open the chooser > clicking "Edit" next to their video > clicking the "x" next to the video and then re-uploading a new video.
Note: If all of the instructions in this support article are followed students will be unable to view other students assignment submissions in Moodle, the MediaCore Chooser or by navigating to MediaCore directly.